Impress your guests this Easter with these homemade, custard-filled profiterole eggs.
The ingredient of Custard profiterole eggs recipe
- 400ml thickened cream
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 400ml bought thick custard
- 290g pkt dark chocolate melts, melted
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 100g white chocolate melts, melted
- Assorted food colouring gels
- 60g butter, at room temperature
- 70g (1/3 cup) caster sugar
- 75g (1/2 cup) plain flour
- 60g butter, chilled, chopped
- 100g (2/3 cup) plain flour
- 3 eggs, lightly whisked
The instruction how to make Custard profiterole eggs recipe
- Preheat oven to 200C/180C fan forced. Lightly grease 2 baking trays with butter. Squeeze a 7.5cm metal egg ring on the sides to form an oval shape, or use an Easter egg cookie cutter. Using it as a guide, draw 10-12 egg shapes on 2 sheets of baking paper, leaving 5cm between each for spreading. Place paper ink side down on greased trays.
- To make craqueline, combine the butter, sugar and flour in a small bowl. Stir until a soft dough forms. Roll out between 2 sheets of baking paper until 2-3mm thick. Place on tray in the freezer for 30 minutes.
- To make the choux, heat butter and 180ml (2/3u00a0cup) water in a saucepan over medium heat until butter melts and mixture just comes to the boil. Add flour. Use a wooden spoon to beat for 1 minute or until mixture comes away from side of pan. Transfer to a large heatproof bowl. Roughly spread mixture inside bowl. Setu00a0aside for 5 minutes to cool slightly.
- Use electric beaters to add eggs, 1u00a0tablespoonful at au00a0time, to the mixture until thick and glossy. Spoon half of the mixture into a piping bag fitted with a 1.5cm plain round nozzle. Pipe over egg shapes on paper. Lightly wet your fingertip and smooth out any rough sides or tops tou00a0keep egg shape.
- Use egg rings as a guide to cut 10-12 egg shapes from the frozen craqueline topping. Quickly place over the pastry mixture.
- Place profiteroles in oven and reduce temperature to 180u00b0C/160u00b0C fan forced. Bake for 40 minutes or until puffed and golden. Turn oven off. Leave profiteroles in oven, with door closed, for 30 minutes to dry.
- Use clean electric beaters to beat cream and vanilla in a large bowl until firm peaks form. Add custard and beat until thick. Spoon cream mixture into a piping bag fittedu00a0with a 5mm round piping nozzle. Makeu00a0a small slit at 1 end in the base of each profiterole. Pipe in the cream mixture
- Place the dark chocolate in a shallow bowl and stir in the oil. Dip top half of profiteroles in chocolate. Place on a tray, chocolate side up, and set aside to set. Tintu00a0the white chocolate with assorted foodu00a0gels andu00a0pipe onto eggs to decorateu00a0asu00a0desired.
Nutritions of Custard profiterole eggs recipecalories: