Serve this spiced rhubarb chutney with grilled pork cutlets and green salad. It also works as part of a cheese board.
The ingredient of Rhubarb, apple and chilli chutney
- 650g granny smith apples, peeled, cored, roughly chopped
- 2 medium red onions, finely chopped
- 1 1/2 bunches (10 stalks) rhubarb, trimmed, roughly chopped
- 1 1/2 cups firmly packed brown sugar
- 2 cups cider vinegar
- 2 teaspoons mixed spice
- 2 long red chillies, thinly sliced
- 1 teaspoon salt
The instruction how to make Rhubarb, apple and chilli chutney
- Place all ingredients in a large, heavy-based saucepan over medium heat. Stir, without boiling, for 4 to 5 minutes or until sugar dissolves. Bring to the boil. Reduce heat to low. Simmer, uncovered, stirring occasionally, for 50 minutes or until mixture is thick.
- Spoon hot chutney into hot sterilised jars (see note). Seal immediately. Store in a dark place for at least 3 weeks to allow flavours to develop. Refrigerate once opened.
Nutritions of Rhubarb, apple and chilli chutneycalories: