Mustard seeds are rich in essential oils. Once heated, they add a nutty taste to curries.
The ingredient of Red kidney bean, chilli & ginger curry
- 1 tbs olive oil
- 1 large red onion, finely chopped
- 2 celery sticks, trimmed, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 tbs finely grated fresh ginger
- 2 fresh long green chillies, deseeded, finely chopped
- 1 tbs brown mustard seeds
- 2 tsp ground coriander
- 2 x 400g cans diced tomatoes
- 325ml (1 1/2 cups) water
- 2 x 400g cans red kidney beans, rinsed, drained
- 350g sweet potato, peeled, chopped
- Pinch white sugar
- 8 pappadums
- Fresh small coriander leaves, to serve
The instruction how to make Red kidney bean, chilli & ginger curry
- Heat oil in a saucepan over medium heat. Cook onion and celery, stirring occasionally, for 5 minutes or until soft. Add the garlic, ginger, chilli, mustard seeds and coriander. Cook, stirring, for 1 minute or until aromatic.
- Add tomato and water. Bring to boil. Reduce heat to low and simmer for 10 minutes. Add beans and sweet potato. Simmer, covered, for 25-30 minutes or until potato is tender and curry is thick. Season to taste with pepper and a pinch of sugar.
- Microwave pappadums following packet directions. Serve curry with papadums and sprinkled with coriander.
Nutritions of Red kidney bean, chilli & ginger currycalories: 336.751 calories
calories: 7 grams fat
calories: 1 grams saturated fat
calories: 46 grams carbohydrates
calories: 16 grams protein