These wonton-wrapped appetisers are full of crunchy goodness. Served with ginger dipping sauce, your guests wont stop at one.
The ingredient of Wonton-wrapped vegetables with ginger dipping sauce
- 80ml (1/3 cup) cold water
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 5cm piece fresh ginger, peeled, finely grated
- 1 tablespoon caster sugar
- 12 fresh flour wonton wrappers
- 1 medium (about 150g) carrot, peeled, cut into 10cm batons
- 4 green shallots, ends trimmed, cut into 10cm lengths
- 8 broccolini stalks, cut into 10cm lengths, halved lengthways (florets reserved for main meal)
- 125ml (1/2 cup) vegetable oil
The instruction how to make Wonton-wrapped vegetables with ginger dipping sauce
- Combine water, soy sauce, ginger and sugar in a small bowl. Pour the dressing into a dipping bowl and set aside.
- Place wonton wrappers on a clean surface. Place a few pieces of carrot, shallot and broccolini along 1 edge of each wrapper. Brush opposite edge with a little water and roll to enclose filling.
- Heat the oil in a wok over high heat until it reaches 180u00b0C (when oil is ready, a cube of bread will turn golden brown in 15 seconds). Add half the vegetable rolls and deep-fry for 2 minutes or until golden brown and cooked through. Drain on paper towel. Repeat with remaining vegetable rolls.
- Arrange rolls on serving plates and serve with dipping sauce.
Nutritions of Wonton-wrapped vegetables with ginger dipping saucecalories: 179.25 calories
calories: 11 grams fat
calories: 1 grams saturated fat
calories: 17 grams carbohydrates
calories: 3 grams protein