Add extra flavour to this chickpea, asparagus and potato salad with the Middle Eastern-spiced dressing.
The ingredient of Middle Eastern chickpea and vegetable salad
- 500g small coliban (chat) potatoes
- 1 bunch asparagus, woody ends trimmed, halved crossways
- 200g sugar snap peas, topped
- 1 x 400g can chickpeas, rinsed, drained
- 1 large red capsicum, halved, deseeded, cut into 1cm pieces
- 1 baby cos lettuce, leaves separated, washed, dried
- 1/2 small red onion, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup firmly packed finely shredded fresh mint
- 2 teaspoons mild paprika
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 3/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 3/4 teaspoon ground coriander
- 3/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cardamom
- 1/2 teaspoon ground fennel
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 large garlic clove, finely chopped
- 2 teaspoons finely grated lemon rind
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon water
The instruction how to make Middle Eastern chickpea and vegetable salad
- Cook the potatoes in a medium saucepan of boiling water for 15-20 minutes or until tender. Drain. Set aside for 20 minutes to cool.
- Cook the asparagus and sugar snap peas in a large saucepan of salted boiling water for 1 minute or until bright green and tender crisp. Drain. Refresh under cold running water. Drain well.
- To make the dressing, combine the paprika, pepper, cumin, coriander, cinnamon, cloves, cardamom and fennel in a small bowl. Heat the oil in a small saucepan over medium-low heat. Add the spice mixture and garlic, and cook, stirring, for 30 seconds or until fragrant. Remove from heat. Add the lemon rind, lemon juice and water, and stir to combine. Taste and season with salt.
- Cut the potatoes in half crossways and place in a large serving bowl. Add the asparagus, sugar snap peas, chickpeas, capsicum, lettuce, onion and mint. Drizzle with dressing and gently toss to combine. Spoon salad among serving bowls and serve immediately.
Nutritions of Middle Eastern chickpea and vegetable saladcalories: 260.51 calories
calories: 7 grams fat
calories: 1 grams saturated fat
calories: 38 grams carbohydrates
calories: 12 grams protein