The ingredient of Marinated Olives
- 1 orange
- 250mls (1 cup) extra virgin olive oil
- 250g Kalamata olives
- 250g green olives
- 4 garlic cloves, crushed
- 2 tablespoons fresh rosemary leaves
- Ground black pepper, to taste
The instruction how to make Marinated Olives
- Use a vegetable peeler to peel the rind from the orange. Remove the white pith from the rind and cut the rind into very thin strips. (Alternatively, use a zester).
- Place the orange rind strips, olive oil, Kalamata olives, green olives, garlic and rosemary in a medium saucepan. Heat over low heat, stirring occasionally, for 5 minutes or until the olive oil is warm. Remove from the heat and allow to stand at room temperature for 2 hours or until cooled completely.
- Transfer the olives and oil to a clean, small airtight container. Place in the fridge and leave to marinate for at least 1 week before eating. Bring to room temperature before serving.
Nutritions of Marinated Olivescalories: 107.55 calories
calories: 10 grams fat
calories: 1 grams saturated fat
calories: 3 grams carbohydrates
calories: 1 grams sugar
calories: 1 grams protein
calories: 761.34 milligrams sodium