With a hint of chilli and aniseed, this sticky citrus cumquat conserve is delicious with roast duck.
The ingredient of Cumquat preserve with star anise and chilli
- 1kg cumquats (see note), halved lengthways, seeded
- 100g (1/2 cup) caster sugar
- 125ml (1/2 cup) water
- 4 whole star anise
- 2 cinnamon sticks
- 2 small fresh red chillies
The instruction how to make Cumquat preserve with star anise and chilli
- Stir the cumquat, sugar and water in a large saucepan over low heat for 3 minutes or until the sugar dissolves. Stir in the star anise, cinnamon sticks and chillies. Increase heat to medium-high. Cover and bring to the boil. Reduce heat to medium. Simmer for 10 minutes or until the cumquat is soft.
- Use a large metal spoon to divide the hot preserve among two 500ml (2-cup) capacity sterilised jars. Seal and invert for 2 minutes. Turn jars upright. Set aside to cool. Label, date and store in a cool, dark place for up to 6 months. Store in the fridge once opened.
Nutritions of Cumquat preserve with star anise and chillicalories: 26.29 calories
calories: 6 grams carbohydrates
calories: 0.5 grams protein