Coconut milk is the key ingredient in this sumptuous and silky vegan chocolate mousse.
The ingredient of Vegan chocolate mousse with strawberry and orange compote
- 100g dairy-free dark chocolate (85% cocoa), chopped
- 60ml (1/4 cup) maple syrup
- 30g (1/4 cup) raw cacao powder, sifted
- 2 teaspoons melted coconut oil
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- Large pinch of sea salt
- 270ml can coconut milk
- 1 orange
- 1 1/2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 250g fresh strawberries, hulled, finely chopped
The instruction how to make Vegan chocolate mousse with strawberry and orange compote
- For the compote, zest the orange u2013 youu2019ll need 1 tbs of zest. Peel the orange, discarding the peel. Segment the orange flesh and finely chop. Heat the maple syrup and vanilla in a small frying pan over medium heat until simmering. Add the orange zest, chopped orange and strawberries. Cook, stirring occasionally, for 1-2 minutes or until the strawberries are just tender. Set aside to cool.
- Meanwhile, place the chocolate, maple syrup, cacao, oil, vanilla and salt in a heatproof bowl over a saucepan of simmering water (donu2019t let the bowl touch the water). Cook, stirring occasionally with a metal spoon, until the mixture is melted and smooth. Gradually add the coconut milk, 2 tbs at a time, stirring constantly, until smooth and combined. Remove from heat. Place in the fridge, stirring occasionally, for 1 hour, until cool and thickened slightly.
- Use an electric beater fitted with the whisk attachment to beat the chocolate mixture on medium-low until soft peaks form (do not over-beat). Working quickly, divide the mixture among four 125ml (1/2 cup) glasses. Set aside for 15 minutes. Top with compote.
Nutritions of Vegan chocolate mousse with strawberry and orange compotecalories: 401.759 calories
calories: 25 grams fat
calories: 19 grams saturated fat
calories: 38 grams carbohydrates
calories: 5 grams protein