Create this family-friendly meal with leftovers to spare.
The ingredient of Cheesy meatloaf with warm greens salad
- 1kg beef mince
- 4 green onions, thinly sliced
- 1 large carrot, coarsely grated
- 1 zucchini, coarsely grated
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1/2 cup almond meal
- 1/3 cup tomato sauce
- 2 teaspoons dried mixed herbs
- 125g haloumi, cut into 5mm cubes
- 2 tablespoons barbecue sauce
- 1/2 cup pizza cheese, grated
- 50g butter, chopped
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 4 slices sourdough bread, cut into 1cm cubes
- 500g broccoli, trimmed, cut into florets
- 2 celery stalks, thinly sliced diagonally
- 1 bunch silverbeet, trimmed, leaves torn
- 2 teaspoons lemon rind, finely grated
The instruction how to make Cheesy meatloaf with warm greens salad
- To make Basic mince mixture; Combine all ingredients in a large bowl. Season with salt and pepper.Set aside 1/2 for another use (See notes). Cover with plastic wrap.
- Preheat oven to 180C/160C fan-forced. Grease a 9cm x 19cm (base) loaf pan. Line base and 2 long sides with baking paper, extending paper 2cm above edges of pan.
- Combine mince mixture, 1/2 the tomato sauce, mixed herbs and haloumi in a large bowl. Press mixture into prepared pan. Level surface with the back of a spoon. Combine barbecue sauce and remaining tomato sauce in a bowl. Spoon over mince in pan, spreading to cover evenly. Sprinkle with pizza cheese. Place on a baking tray.
- Bake for 45 minutes or until browned and cooked through. Stand in pan for 5 minutes before lifting onto a board.
- Meanwhile, make Warm greens salad; Melt 1/2 the butter in a large, deep frying pan over medium heat. Add thyme and bread. Cook, tossing, for 2 to 3 minutes or until bread is golden and crisp. Using a slotted spoon, transfer croutons to a heatproof bowl. Increase heat to high.
- Melt remaining butter in pan. Add broccoli and 2 tablespoons water. Cook, stirring occasionally, for 3 minutes. Add celery and silverbeet. Cover. Cook, stirring occasionally, for 2 minutes or until silverbeet is just wilted and broccoli is tender. Transfer to a heatproof bowl. Sprinkle with lemon rind and drizzle with juice. Top with croutons. Season with salt and pepper.
- Serve with sliced meatloaf.
Nutritions of Cheesy meatloaf with warm greens saladcalories: 817.858 calories
calories: 38.6 grams fat
calories: 20 grams saturated fat
calories: 58 grams carbohydrates
calories: 56 grams protein
calories: 125 milligrams cholesterol
calories: 1928 milligrams sodium