These Christmas truffles combine gingerbread and cheesecake for a quick and easy edible gift or sweet treat.
The ingredient of Gingerbread cheesecake truffles recipe
- 1 quantity gingerbread dough (see note)
- 250g cream cheese, chopped, at room temperature
- 150g dark cooking chocolate, melted, cooled
- 375g packet dark choc melts
The instruction how to make Gingerbread cheesecake truffles recipe
- Line a baking tray with baking paper. Use a lightly floured rolling pin to roll out the dough on baking paper until 5mm thick. Cut nine 5cm squares. Place on prepared tray. Place in the fridge for 15 minutes to chill.
- Preheat oven to 180C/160CC fan forced. Bake for 10-12 minutes, until light golden. Cool on tray. Coarsely chop. Process in a food processor until coarse crumbs form.
- Use electric beaters to beat cream cheese in a bowl until soft. Add melted chocolate. Beat until combined. Stir in 1/2 cup biscuit crumbs. Place mixture in fridge for 6 hours or overnight, until firm enough to roll.
- Line a baking tray with baking paper. Roll tablespoonfuls of cheesecake mixture into balls. Place on tray in fridge for 30 minutes.
- Place choc melts in a microwave-safe bowl. Microwave on Medium, stirring every minute, for 2-3 minutes or until melted and smooth. Set aside for 5 minutes to cool.
- Line a baking tray with baking paper. Dip balls in melted chocolate. Drain off excess. Place on prepared tray. Sprinkle with the remaining crumbs. Set aside for 10 minutes.
Nutritions of Gingerbread cheesecake truffles recipecalories: