For a cosy weekend breakfast, you cant go past this creamy cheesecake french toast with sweet strawberry sauce.
The ingredient of Strawberry cheesecake french toast recipe
- 3 eggs
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1/2 cup pouring cream
- 250g strawberries, hulled, coarsely chopped
- 1/4 cup caster sugar
- 200g brioche loaf
- 30g unsalted butter, chopped
- 125g spreadable cream cheese
The instruction how to make Strawberry cheesecake french toast recipe
- Combine cream cheese, 1 tbs caster sugar and one-third of the strawberries in a bowl. Cut brioche into 8 slices. Spread half the slices with the mixture, leaving a 1cm border around edges. Top with remaining brioche slices.
- Combine remaining caster sugar and strawberries with 125ml (1 u20442 cup) water in a small saucepan. Stir over medium heat for about 10 minutes or until sugar has melted and strawberries break down and form a sauce. Remove from heat. Set aside to cool slightly.
- Meanwhile, whisk together eggs, milk and cream in a large bowl. Place brioche sandwiches in a shallow baking dish large enough to hold them in a single layer. Pour egg mixture over sandwiches. Set aside for about 2 minutes to soak. Carefully turn over sandwiches and soak for a further 2 minutes or until the mixture is absorbed.
- Melt half the butter in a large non- stick frying pan over medium heat until bubbling. Cook sandwiches, in 2 batches, for 2-3 minutes each side or until golden brown. Keep warm. Repeat with remaining butter and sandwiches.
- Slice the sandwiches and serve with strawberry sauce and a dusting of icing sugar, if you like.
Nutritions of Strawberry cheesecake french toast recipecalories: