Prawns are given a Japanese twist in this colourful rice salad.
The ingredient of Sushi rice and prawn salad
- 2 cups (440g) sushi rice, rinsed, drained
- 1kg cooked tiger prawns, peeled, deveined
- 2 Lebanese cucumbers, peeled, halved lengthways, thinly sliced
- 2 small red chillies, seeds removed, thinly sliced into strips
- 4 spring onions, thinly sliced on an angle
- 2 teaspoons black sesame seeds* or regular sesame seeds
- 2 tablespoons mirin (Japanese rice wine)*
- 1/4 cup (60ml) rice vinegar
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons sesame oil
- Juice of 1 lemon
The instruction how to make Sushi rice and prawn salad
- Place rice and 2 cups (500ml) water in a saucepan and bring to the boil. Season with salt and cover with a tight-fitting lid. Reduce heat to very low, cook for 10 minutes or until water has been absorbed. Remove from heat and stand for 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, whisk dressing ingredients in a large bowl and add the remaining salad ingredients. Fluff the rice with a fork, then toss with the salad. Serve warm.
Nutritions of Sushi rice and prawn saladcalories: 630.243 calories
calories: 6 grams fat
calories: 1 grams saturated fat
calories: 89 grams carbohydrates
calories: 3 grams sugar
calories: 49 grams protein
calories: 304 milligrams cholesterol
calories: 1121.56 milligrams sodium