Say goodbye to your weeknight dinner dilemma with this fast and fresh recipe. This salad is packed with roasted vegies, barley and chicken sausages and finished with a pesto sauce.
The ingredient of Barley salad with pesto
- 3/4 cup (150g) pearl barley
- 2 bunches Dutch carrots*, halved lengthways
- 1/3 cup (80ml) olive oil
- 1 large eggplant, halved lengthways, thickly sliced
- 2 zucchini, thickly sliced diagonally
- 6 Coles RSPCA Approved Australian Chicken & Parsley Sausages
- 120g pkt Coles Australian Baby Rocket
- 1/2 cup basil leaves
- 1/4 cup (35g) slivered almonds, toasted
- 1/3 cup (25g) finely grated parmesan
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
The instruction how to make Barley salad with pesto
- Preheat oven to 200u00b0C. Line a baking tray with baking paper. Cook barley in a saucepan of boiling water for 20 mins or until tender. Drain.
- Meanwhile, place the carrots on the lined tray and drizzle with 1 teaspoon of the oil. Season. Roast, turning occasionally, for 20 mins or until golden brown and tender.
- While the barley is cooking, heat a chargrill on high. Brush the eggplant and zucchini with 2 teaspoons of the remaining oil. Cook on grill for 2 mins each side or until charred. Transfer to a plate.
- Cook the sausages on grill, turning occasionally, for 8 mins or until golden brown and cooked through. Thickly slice diagonally. Place half the rocket in a food processor. Add basil, almond, parmesan and garlic and process until finely chopped. With the motor running, add the remaining oil in a thin, steady stream. Season.
- Place half the rocket in a food processor. Add basil, almond, parmesan and garlic and process until finely chopped. With the motor running, add the remaining oil in a thin, steady stream. Season.
- Place the barley, carrots, eggplant, zucchini, sausage and remaining rocket in a serving dish. Add half the pesto and toss to combine. Drizzle with remaining pesto.
Nutritions of Barley salad with pestocalories: 618.532 calories
calories: 38 grams fat
calories: 8 grams saturated fat
calories: 37 grams carbohydrates
calories: 11 grams sugar
calories: 26 grams protein
calories: 936 milligrams sodium