This budget-friendly tray bake uses Thai flavours to transform chicken thigh fillets, vegies and rice into an easy dinner the whole family will love.
The ingredient of Thai chicken and rice tray bake recipe
- 6 large chicken thigh cutlets, skin on, trimmed
- 1/4 cup Thai red curry paste
- 1 tablespoon peanut oil
- 1 lime, cut into 1cm slices
- 1 small brown onion, finely chopped
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 3cm piece fresh ginger, peeled, finely grated
- 1 lemongrass stalk, white part only, finely chopped
- 1 carrot, finely diced
- 1 1/2 cups white long-grain rice, rinsed
- 2 1/2 cups salt-reduced chicken stock
- 200g green beans, trimmed, cut into 4cm pieces
- 125g baby corn, thickly sliced
- 1 tablespoon fish sauce
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 1 green onion, thinly sliced diagonally
- Sliced long red chilli, to serve
- Chopped roasted peanuts, to serve
- Fresh mint leaves, to serve
The instruction how to make Thai chicken and rice tray bake recipe
- Preheat oven to 180C/160C fan-forced. Place chicken and curry paste in a bowl. Rub paste all over chicken.
- Heat half the oil in a heavy-based flameproof roasting pan over medium-high heat. Cook lime for 1 minute each side or until charred. Transfer to a plate. Add chicken to pan, skin-side down. Cook for 3 minutes each side or until well browned. Transfer to a plate.
- Wipe pan clean. Heat remaining oil in pan over medium heat. Add brown onion, garlic, ginger, lemongrass and carrot. Cook, stirring, for 5 minutes or until onion softens. Add rice. Cook, stirring, for 2 minutes or until rice is coated in mixture. Add stock. Bring to the boil.
- Place chicken on top of rice mixture. Cover tightly with foil. Bake for 25 minutes. Remove foil. Move chicken to one side. Fluff rice with a fork. Add beans, corn, lime slices, fish sauce and lime juice to rice. Stir to combine. Arrange chicken over rice. Bake, uncovered, for 5 to 10 minutes or until rice is tender and chicken is browned and cooked through. Top with green onion, chilli, peanuts and mint. Serve.
Nutritions of Thai chicken and rice tray bake recipecalories: 598.934 calories
calories: 29.8 grams fat
calories: 8.9 grams saturated fat
calories: 53 grams carbohydrates
calories: 26.9 grams protein
calories: 104 milligrams cholesterol
calories: 1214 milligrams sodium