Apples come into season just as the weather gets cooler, so what better way to enjoy them than in this baked dessert.
The ingredient of Baked apples with burnt sugar cream
- 6 large Pink Lady apples
- 80g fresh dates, pitted, chopped
- 60g chilled butter, chopped
- 25g (1/4 cup) flaked almonds
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon finely shredded fresh ginger
- 2 teaspoons finely grated orange rind
- 160ml (2/3 cup) fresh orange juice
- 80ml (1/3 cup) water
- 4 whole cloves
- 300ml ctn double cream
- 100g (1/2 cup, firmly packed) dark brown sugar
- 60ml (1/4 cup) water
The instruction how to make Baked apples with burnt sugar cream
- Use an apple corer to core apples, leaving base intact. Use a teaspoon to scoop out the flesh to create a slightly wider cavity. Cut a horizontal slit around each apple to prevent the skin from splitting during cooking.
- Preheat oven to 180u00baC. Place the apples upright in a baking dish. Combine date, butter, almonds, sugar, ginger and orange rind in a bowl. Divide among the apple cavities and press down firmly. Pour orange juice and water into the dish. Add cloves to the dish. Bake for 40-50 minutes or until the apples are tender. Set aside for 10 minutes to cool slightly.
- Meanwhile, to make the toffee, line a baking tray with non-stick baking paper. Cook the sugar and water in a saucepan over medium-low heat, stirring, until sugar dissolves. Reduce heat to low. Cook, without stirring, for 10 minutes or until golden. Set aside until the bubbles subside. Pour over the prepared tray. Set aside until set.
- Use a rolling pin to smash the toffee into small pieces. Place the cream in a bowl. Fold in the toffee. Serve with the apples.
Nutritions of Baked apples with burnt sugar creamcalories: 558.543 calories
calories: 36 grams fat
calories: 21 grams saturated fat
calories: 54 grams carbohydrates
calories: 52 grams sugar
calories: 3 grams protein
calories: 86 milligrams cholesterol
calories: 89.83 milligrams sodium