Next Taco Tuesday, layer all the tortillas in a baking dish, sprinkle with cheese and you have yourself a new family-favourite.
The ingredient of Cheesy beef taco bake
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 small brown onion, finely chopped
- 2 teaspoons MasterFoodsu24c7 Mexican Chilli Powder, plus extra to sprinkle
- 500g beef mince
- 1 red capsicum, chopped
- 310g can corn kernels, drained, rinsed
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh coriander leaves, plus extra sprigs, to serve
- 410g can crushed tomatoes
- 8 flour tortillas
- 2 cups grated tasty cheese
- 1 gem lettuce, shredded
- 2 tomatoes, seeded, diced
- 1 avocado, diced
- 1/2 cup plain Greek-style yoghurt
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
The instruction how to make Cheesy beef taco bake
- Heat oil in a large frying pan over medium-high heat. Add onion. Cook, stirring occasionally, for 5 minutes or until softened. Add chilli powder. Cook for 1 minute or until fragrant. Add mince. Cook, breaking up mince with a wooden spoon, for 5 minutes or until browned. Add capsicum and corn. Season with salt and pepper. Cook, stirring occasionally, for 3 minutes or until heated through. Remove from heat. Stir in coriander leaves.
- Preheat oven to 180C/160C fan-forced. Pour crushed tomatoes over the base of a 20cm x 30cm baking dish.
- Place 1 tortilla on a board. Spoon 1/4 cup mince mixture onto 1 half of tortilla. Sprinkle with 2 tablespoons cheese. Fold in half. Repeat with remaining tortillas and cheese.
- Arrange tortillas, slightly overlapping, in prepared dish. Spoon any remaining mince mixture into tops of tortillas. Sprinkle bake with any remaining cheese. Bake for 10 to 15 minutes or until golden and cheese is melted.
- Meanwhile, to make Lime Yoghurt Combine yoghurt and lime juice in a bowl. Season with salt and pepper.
- Top bake with lettuce, diced tomato and avocado. Drizzle with yoghurt mixture. Serve sprinkled with extra chilli powder and coriander sprigs.
Nutritions of Cheesy beef taco bakecalories: