The whole family will love this oven-baked rice casserole with Italian pork sausage and fennel. Proudly brought to you by SunRice and taste.com.au.
The ingredient of Oven-baked rice casserole
- 2 1/2 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 Italian pork sausages
- 1 brown onion, cut into wedges
- 1 carrot, finely chopped
- 2 fennel bulbs, trimmed, thickly sliced
- 1 1/3 cups SunRice Brown Medium Grain Rice
- 400g can baby roma tomatoes
- 150g day old sourdough bread, coarsely chopped
- 1 tablespoon chopped sage leaves
The instruction how to make Oven-baked rice casserole
- Preheat oven to 200C or 180C fan-forced.
- Heat 1 tablespoon of oil in a large flameproof shallow baking dish over medium-high heat. Cook sausages for 6-7 minutes or until browned. Set aside. Thickly slice sausages on the diagonal.
- Heat 1 tablespoon of oil in same pan over medium heat. Cook onion, carrot and fennel, stirring, for 10 minutes or until softened. Add rice and stir to coat in oil. Return sausages to pan with tomatoes and 2u2153 cups (580ml) water. Season, stir and bring to the boil. Bake, covered, for 45 minutes.
- Meanwhile toss bread, sage and remaining oil in a medium bowl. Remove baking dish cover. Sprinkle over bread mixture. Place under hot grill for 6 minutes or until bread is golden and crunchy.
Nutritions of Oven-baked rice casserolecalories: