We think wonderful meals shouldnt end with the weekend. Perfect for rounding out your mains, this savvy side dish can be prepped a little in advance to make life easier on busy weeknights when youre short on time and ideas. (See notes for more)
The ingredient of Creamy pumpkin and celeriac bake
- 1 (900g) butternut pumpkin, halved lengthways, peeled, cut into 5mm slices
- 300g celeriac, peeled, halved, cut into 3mm slices
- 2 cups light thickened cooking cream
- 100g reduced-fat fetta, crumbled
- 1/4 cup fresh chives, chopped
- 3 thick slices sourdough bread, cut into 1cm pieces
- Olive oil cooking spray
The instruction how to make Creamy pumpkin and celeriac bake
- Preheat oven to 180C/160C fan-forced.
- Layer pumpkin and celeriac in a 5cm-deep, 21cm (base), 25cm (top) round baking dish. Whisk cream, fetta and chives together in a jug. Pour mixture over vegetables in dish.
- Arrange bread over top of vegetables. Cover with foil.
- Bake for 1 hour or until vegetables are tender. Remove and discard foil. Spray with oil. Bake for a further 15 minutes or until top is golden. Stand for 5 minutes. Serve.
Nutritions of Creamy pumpkin and celeriac bakecalories: 393.872 calories
calories: 18.7 grams fat
calories: 11.5 grams saturated fat
calories: 43.1 grams carbohydrates
calories: 12.4 grams protein
calories: 48 milligrams cholesterol
calories: 543 milligrams sodium