Get the kids interested in baking with these simple baked custard desserts.
The ingredient of Baked egg custard
- 1 cup (250ml) canned evaporated milk
- Yolks from 4 large eggs
- 1/3 cup (75g) caster sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Ground nutmeg (preferably freshly grated), to sprinkle
The instruction how to make Baked egg custard
- Preheat oven to 160u00b0C. Combine milk and 1 cup (250ml) water in a saucepan. Place over medium heat and heat to scalding point. Beat yolks in a bowl, then add the sugar and vanilla. Slowly pour in hot milk, stirring constantly. Pour mixture into four 1/2 cup (125ml) ramekins and place in a baking pan. Fill the pan with hot water to come halfway up sides of the ramekins.
- Sprinkle with the nutmeg. Bake for 45 minutes or until tip of a knife comes out clean when inserted. Serve warm or cold.
Nutritions of Baked egg custardcalories: 215.817 calories
calories: 9 grams fat
calories: 5 grams saturated fat
calories: 25 grams carbohydrates
calories: 25 grams sugar
calories: 7 grams protein
calories: 163 milligrams cholesterol
calories: 77.69 milligrams sodium