Try something different yet impressive with these bacon and mushroom stuffed onions.
The ingredient of Mushroom-filled baked onions
- 4 (220g each) brown onions, unpeeled
- 1/2 cup fresh white breadcrumbs
- 2 rashers rindless bacon, finely chopped
- 125g cup mushrooms, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon tarragon leaves, finely chopped
The instruction how to make Mushroom-filled baked onions
- Place onions in a large saucepan. Cover with cold water and place over high heat. Bring to the boil. Reduce heat to medium and simmer for 25 to 30 minutes or until tender. Drain and allow to cool.
- Preheat oven to 200u00b0C. Peel skins from onions and cut in half lengthways. Remove centre of onion halves, to form a cavity. Place onion halves, cut side up, in a lightly-greased roasting pan.
- Finely chop removed onion. Place chopped onion, breadcrumbs, bacon, mushrooms and tarragon in a bowl. Season with salt and pepper. Stir until well combined. Spoon mixture into onion cavities. Bake for 20 to 25 minutes or until golden. Serve with roast beef or chicken.
Nutritions of Mushroom-filled baked onionscalories: 135.991 calories
calories: 3 grams fat
calories: 1 grams saturated fat
calories: 14 grams carbohydrates
calories: 11 grams sugar
calories: 10 grams protein
calories: 363.83 milligrams sodium