This delicious baked polenta side dish makes even simple dinners feel special.
The ingredient of Baked parmesan polenta
- Olive oil, to grease
- 1.5L (6 cups) water
- 2 Massel chicken style stock cubes
- 220g (1 1/4 cups) instant polenta (cornmeal)
- 40g (1/2 cup) finely grated parmesan
- 20g butter
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 30g (1/3 cup) finely grated parmesan, extra
The instruction how to make Baked parmesan polenta
- Brush a 16 x 26cm (base measurement) slice pan with oil to lightly grease. Line the base and 2 long sides with non-stick baking paper, allowing the sides to overhang.
- Place the water and stock cubes in a large saucepan over medium-high heat. Bring to the boil. Gradually add the polenta in a thin steady stream, whisking constantly, until combined. Reduce heat to medium and cook, stirring constantly with a wooden spoon, for 2 minutes or until the mixture thickens and the polenta is soft.
- Remove from heat and stir in the parmesan and butter. Pour the mixture into the prepared pan and smooth the surface. Set aside for 30 minutes to cool. Cover with plastic wrap and place in the fridge for 4 hours or overnight to set.
- Preheat oven to 200u00b0C. Line the base of a large roasting pan with non-stick baking paper. Cut the polenta into 12 equal portions. Place, in a single layer, in the lined pan. Drizzle over the oil and sprinkle with the extra parmesan. Bake in oven for 15 minutes or until puffed and golden. Serve.
Nutritions of Baked parmesan polentacalories: 256.925 calories
calories: 14 grams fat
calories: 5.5 grams saturated fat
calories: 26 grams carbohydrates
calories: 7.5 grams protein