*Disclaimer: This recipe is a member recipe. It has not been tested by the taste.com.au team.
The ingredient of Healthy salmon bake
- 415g canned red salmon
- 340g can corn kernels (I prefer low salt)
- 50g butter
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 2-3 tablespoons plain flour
- 1-1 1/2 cups milk
- 2-3 tablespoons light sour cream, to taste
- 1 tablespoon mild mustard, to taste
- 100g wholemeal spiral pasta
- 1 cup broccoli, chopped into small florets
- Handful parsley, chopped
- Squeeze lemon
- 2 handfuls parmesan, grated
- 2 handfuls tasty cheese
- 2 slices bread, slightly stale
The instruction how to make Healthy salmon bake
- Preheat oven to 180C.
- Boil some water in small saucepan to cook pasta. Add pasta when ready & cook until 2 minutes before its finished. Add the broccoli. Cook for 2 more minutes then drain.
- Meanwhile, melt butter in oven-proof pan and add onion to fry slowly until translucent. When cooked add flour. Stir to combine then cook slowly, moving around so the flour cooks but doesnt burn (make the roux). Remove from heat and add milk stirring quickly to thicken. Allow to cook slowly and if too thick add more milk. Add the sour cream (or to taste) & mustard.
- Throw in the salmon & break it up as you mix it in (include all skin & bones as its really good for you & cannot be seen or tasted), corn, pasta, broccoli and parsley. Add a handful of cheeses. Mix together & cook a bit on the stovetop to combine. Taste & add seasoning, lemon etc to taste.
- Transfer to oven dish &/or top with crumbled bread (crumble with fingers to make rough breadcrumbs) & top with another handful of cheeses. Put in oven to toast top & warm through for about 15-30 minutes (until youre ready to eat!)
Nutritions of Healthy salmon bakecalories: