Boston baked beans are great served as a warming barbie side or with breakfast snags on the BBQ!
The ingredient of Boston baked beans
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 medium brown onion, chopped
- 4 middle bacon rashers, trimmed, cut into 3cm pieces
- 1 large garlic clove, crushed
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 1/3 cup golden syrup
- 1 tablespoon worcestershire sauce
- 2 x 400g cans borlotti beans, drained, rinsed
- 2 x 400g cans diced tomatoes
The instruction how to make Boston baked beans
- Preheat oven to 200u00b0C/180u00b0C fan-forced. Heat oil in a flameproof ovenproof dish over medium heat. Cook onion, stirring, for 3 minutes or until softened. Add bacon and garlic. Cook, stirring, for 3 to 5 minutes or until bacon has browned.
- Add paprika. Cook, stirring, for 1 minute or until fragrant. Add sugar, tomato paste, golden syrup and worcestershire sauce. Cook, stirring, for 3 minutes or until combined. Stir in beans and tomato. Bring to the boil.
- Bake for 20 minutes or until sauce has thickened and beans are heated through. Serve.
Nutritions of Boston baked beanscalories: 307.832 calories
calories: 7 grams fat
calories: 2 grams saturated fat
calories: 44 grams carbohydrates
calories: 25 grams sugar
calories: 15 grams protein
calories: 20 milligrams cholesterol
calories: 857.54 milligrams sodium