Pasta bakes taste fantastic and everything is served in a single dish which means less washing up after dinner.
The ingredient of Ham and broccoli pasta bake
- 300g dried fusilli pasta
- 380g (1 head) broccoli, trimmed, cut into small florets
- 1 tablespoon reduced-fat dairy spread
- 4 green onions, thinly sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 tablespoon plain flour
- 1 cup skim milk
- 1 lemon, rind finely grated
- 1/2 cup reduced-fat spreadable cream cheese
- 1/2 cup grated reduced-fat tasty cheese
- 200g lean shaved ham, chopped
- 1/2 cup fresh wholemeal breadcrumbs
- olive oil cooking spray
The instruction how to make Ham and broccoli pasta bake
- Preheat oven to 180u00b0C. Cook pasta in a large saucepan of boiling, salted water following packet directions, until just tender. Add broccoli to saucepan 1 minute before pasta is cooked.
- Meanwhile, melt dairy spread in a small saucepan over medium heat. Add onions and garlic. Cook, stirring, for 1 minute. Add flour and cook, stirring constantly, for 30 seconds. Remove from heat. Add milk, a little at a time, whisking until smooth. Return to heat. Add lemon rind. Cook, stirring, for 3 minutes or until sauce just comes to the boil. Reduce heat to low. Simmer, stirring occasionally, for 2 minutes. Remove from heat and add cream cheese and tasty cheese. Stir until melted and smooth. Season with salt and pepper.
- Drain pasta and broccoli. Place in an 8-cup capacity ovenproof dish. Top with ham. Pour cheese sauce over ham and stir until well combined. Sprinkle breadcrumbs over pasta. Spray lightly with oil. Bake for 20 minutes or until golden and hot. Serve.
Nutritions of Ham and broccoli pasta bakecalories: 525.561 calories
calories: 14.5 grams fat
calories: 7.6 grams saturated fat
calories: 61.8 grams carbohydrates
calories: 32.5 grams protein
calories: 59 milligrams cholesterol
calories: 1112 milligrams sodium