Get creative in the kitchen this Christmas with this no-bake jelly cake and peach trifle
The ingredient of Jelly cake and peach trifle recipe
- 85g pkt Aeroplane Raspberry Flavoured Jelly
- 1/2 x 450g pkt Coles Bakery Unfilled Double Sponge Cake
- 1 1/4 cups (110g) moist coconut flakes
- 600ml thickened cream, whipped
- 600ml vanilla custard
- 700g Goulburn Valley Peaches in Juice, drained
- 1 tbs chopped pistachios
The instruction how to make Jelly cake and peach trifle recipe
- Prepare the jelly crystals following packet directions. Place in the fridge for 1 1/4 hours or until mixture thickens slightly but is not set.
- Place the sponge on a clean work surface. Use a 4cm cutter to cut discs from the sponge. Spread coconut over a plate. Dip 1 piece of cake into jelly, then roll in coconut to lightly coat. Place on a tray. Repeat with remaining cake pieces and the jelly and coconut. Reserve remaining jelly and coconut.
- Strain reserved jelly through a sieve into an 8-cup (2L) glass serving bowl. Place jelly-coated cake pieces and jelly in the fridge for 3 hours or until set.
- Reserve 1 jelly-coated cake piece. Arrange remaining jelly-coated cake pieces over jelly in the bowl. Reserve one-quarter of the whipped cream. Spoon remaining cream over the trifle. Top with custard. Arrange peaches on top. Place in the fridge for 5 hours or overnight to chill.
- Top trifle with reserved jelly-coated cake piece and whipped cream. Sprinkle with pistachio and reserved coconut.
Nutritions of Jelly cake and peach trifle recipecalories: