Use these tangy cheese biscuits to create a beautiful entertaining platter.
The ingredient of Cheese biscuits
- 125g butter, softened
- 1 cup grated Swiss/Jarlsberg cheese
- 2 eggs
- 1 1/4 cups plain flour, sifted
- 1/4 teaspoon MasterFoodsu00ae Ground Cayenne Pepper
- sea or rock salt
The instruction how to make Cheese biscuits
- Preheat oven to 180u00b0C. Line 2 large baking trays with baking paper.
- Place butter and cheese into a bowl. Using an electric mixer, beat until well combined. Add 1 egg and beat well. Stir in flour and cayenne pepper. Mix with a wooden spoon until dough just comes together.
- Turn dough onto a lightly floured surface. Knead until smooth. Shape into a 10cm (diameter) round. Wrap in greaseproof paper. Refrigerate until firm.
- Roll dough out between 2 sheets of baking paper to 4mm thick. Using a 5cm (diameter) fluted cutter, cut out biscuits. Place onto prepared trays. Re-roll leftover dough and repeat.
- Lightly beat remaining egg. Brush each biscuit with egg then sprinkle with salt. Bake for 12 to 15 minutes, or until golden. Allow to cool on trays for 5 minutes before transferring to a wire rack. Store biscuits in an airtight container for up to 4 days.
- Serve biscuits with cheese, chutney and dried fruit.
Nutritions of Cheese biscuitscalories: